Genshin · Forums
EN

What are your thoughts on Archer characters?

Originates from: Tavern
Post Published: 04-11

I haven't had too much time to play the beta but I thought that archers were pretty good. I think Amber is solid, Venti has a great ability that has use outside of battle(for lazy climbers like me) and Fischl does need some work (on her ultimate skill at least in my opinion) but I really like her design. I'm not sure if theres more archer characters but these are the only ones I've gotten to try. I just wanna know if the general opinion is that archers are bad or good. So share your thoughts please

Reading is good, commenting is better::
  • All comments
  • Author only
Sort:Ascending
Manage

They are just used as support slaves :3

04-11
Replies
Manage

04-11
Replies
yeah man I know haha
Replies
Manage

Amber is bad as an attacker with poor ratios. Her skill is extremely potent utility that makes her an extremely good switch-in for backing up a dedicated attacker. Her burst is amazingly potent and has an excellent ratio, especially as it's also an AoE skill. As a result, Amber is a mage with a bow and is entirely reliant on her cooldowns and charged attack to function. Gliding stamina cost reduction is nice, and pyro buffs push her further into being skills-only.

Fischl is amazing as an attacker with good ratios and amazing constellation and skill support. Her skill is ludicriously good at increasing damage via normal attacks. Her burst is basically just a moving block button. Fischl is pretty much built to normal attack turret and excels at it, with her potential damage eclipsing everyone else. Oh, and movespeed/HP is nice and universally applicable too. Just... don't make too much use of that movespeed on Fischl. She is a turret.

I can't find enough info on Venti's stats to judge

04-11
Replies
wow man thanks your post was exactly what i was looking for. amber is definitely someone who kinda just skill spams and i dnt use her normal attack just charged shot. Fischl ive kinda been using the same as amber i didnt know she was built to be an turret that destroys with her normal attack. When you talk about ratios is the a source where you can see the character stats? if so what are you looking for to determine a characters role?
Replies
Look at the stats on their talents. Fischl has 5 more attack on her normals, and a higher scaling rate per rank. Amber has a higher charged attack damage and scaling. Fischl also has constellation effects that work off volume of fire. the first rank gives an additional damage boost if Oz isn't summoned, and later abilities make Oz attack when she does. As a result, Fischl wants to attack as often as possible, while Amber is more reliant on charged shots.
Replies
View all replies >
Manage

Amber is so good

04-12
Replies
Manage

I think they could probably buff the projectile speed and/or tracking on the normal combo at closer ranges since you can miss so easily against certain enemies, such as slimes and bats. Aimed shots need something to make them funner and more rewarding, like just timing to speed up charging or a bonus to consecutive weak point hits.

Ability-wise I think they've given each archer character a nice and unique identity. I do agree that they need to make Fischl's Q more impactful, because I'm finding that my main use for it is crossing bodies of water.

04-13
Replies
i agree with you, i hate shooting at the bats with the normal combos. itd be cool if they could make the aimed shots different but i cant really see them doing much.
Replies