Genshin · Forums
EN

Monetization and Gacha system

Originates from: Tavern
Post Published: 06-11 Last Edited: 06-11

All the information comes from the CN cbt3, the beta has not started yet for Global.

Monetization

You can spend really money in the beta. And you will get gacha currency back when the game full release, the amount depends on how much money you spend in the beta.

The primogems are used for exchanging gacha currency, Intertwined Fate (for limited banner) and Acquaint Fate, 160 primogems for 1 roll. You can get primogems from shop and farming, like completing mission, opening chest, etc.

Gacha

In the gacha system, every ten consecutive wishes will receive at least one 4 star item (either weapon or character). 90 rolls guarantee a 5 star item (either weapon or character).

=Wish Rules=(from google translate)

The base probability of a 5 star item wish is 0, 6%, and the overall probability (including a guaranteed floor) is 1.6%. A maximum of 90 wishes must be able to flow over the guarantee to obtain a 5 star item.

The basic probability of wishing for 4 star items is 5, 1%, and the overall probability (including the guaranteed level) is 13%. Up to 10 wishes must be able to get 4 stars or more through the guarantee.

When rolling a dupe character, you will get a corresponding constellation for activating passive skill.

Reading is good, commenting is better::
  • All comments
  • Author only
Sort:Ascending

Ohh. Thank you for the post.

"cchaha as username"

And the most important of all,...

"All the information comes from the CN exclusive beta, the beta has not started yet for Global."

Also...Paimon's bargain is CBT shop right ?(I'm a bit confused here)

06-11
Replies
Sorry for my unclear expression. I'm playing CN cbt3 and those information come from there.
They change the menu as you can see, and yes, Paimon's bargain is CBT shop. Btw, the username can be changed.
Replies
"username can be changed"...
_(Surprised)
Replies
View all replies >
Manage

Thank you for taking your time to translate this for us!

06-11
Replies
Manage

Chinese final or open betas often have monetisation available with paying. But western ones - doesnt.

I wonder if it will be like that here as well.

06-11
Replies
And if system works like in previous miHoYo games - then guaranteed pull is not tied to percentages. It is 100% will come on 10th pull. Same for 90-100 pulls, if you don't get 5* before pulling 90 pulls, you will get it on 90th regardless of chances.
Replies
Manage

Thanks a lot for sharing this.

That daily primogem card seems like a pretty decent deal if you're patient. For those curious by the way, 30Y is equal to about 4.25$ or 3.73Euro. It will probably be a bit more than that.

Is that currency used for Paimon's shop the stuff you get from using primogems on wishes?

06-11
Replies
Right!
Replies

Thank you for sharing.

As expected is very similar to Honkai Impact 3rd system.

There's the "Monthly pass-like".

The "Lucion-like" to buy weapons.

Garantee drop at x pulls, normal purchases with cash.

Currency farmable in-game.

Now, the item you get from dupes to unlock passives: Is it like the fragments from HI3 used to put them to Rank SS and SSS-like?

06-11
Replies
You only need 6 dupes for character and 4 for weapon to get maxed. And seems that you can buy some of them with "dust" that stays after getting other characters. So can require much less dupes.
Replies
Oh I see. Thanks for clarify
Replies
Manage

Rip my wallet

06-12
Replies
Manage

Is the currency in Japanesse Yen ?

06-12
Replies
Nope, it's Chinese currency ¥
Replies
Manage

-$$, +waifu

06-12
Replies
Manage

There appears to be something else described in the FAQ about the top-up release refund and monthly card mechanics, would you be able to pull that up?

06-12
Replies
Most likely Monthly card is same as in Honkai. You get X amount every day, but every 15 days you get X*3 as bonus.
Replies
There's a Pearl Card too, which I'm assuming is BP
Replies
Manage

Anybody:

F2P gacha gamer: Oh sh*t here we go again...

06-12
Replies
Manage

Finally some refresh menu

By the way, thank you for the information, did it same with the global cbt ??

06-12
Replies
We will know that in few weeks.
Replies
Manage

Thank you so much for sharing this!

It really has the feeling of HI3, so it feels likeable to have something familiar.

But really, that looks awesome.

Btw, what device you use for it?

For the gacha system, wish there's something like mileage points so we can get the characters/weapons if we reach a certain gacha times.

As for monetization, it's not expensive, yet not cheap either.

I guess I will try to top up if I got the key on CB3.

We can learn a lot from it.

06-12
Replies
Manage

Monetization really looks simualr to Hi3 model and i think its good as long as they push updates and events constantly so you can manage as a F2P player. I do like monthly card, and i do belive that is the most cost efficient method to support the game and get something extra for it.

My opinion is: If you like the game and play it a lot, give it few $ every month. I do have faith in mihoyo's team that they will pour big chunk of that money into game development, animation, music, manga...

06-12
Replies
Manage

Isn't 0.6% way too low for 5*? Industry standard for UR/SSRs are generally 2% that's less than a quarter than the industry standard!

06-13
Replies
Manage

I get that the Gacha is suppose to extend the game loop, but those % seem very low. I consider anything under 10% pretty heavy. What is the average amount of time spent to get 10 rolls and then at 90 rolls?

Is there a limit to daily grinds that can limit how many rolls you can get daily?

Say if I want to play for 12+ hours?

06-15
Replies
Manage

not too low i just hope they introduce a type of fodder material to use as dupes

06-16
Replies
Manage

And lost all interest in the game

06-19
Replies
Manage

3 iq analytics incoming

monthly blackcliff longsword for dust sounds hella strong if you still also get 1 for liyue completion

the other blackcliff weapons aren't as good from what i remember so this might be an argument for starting with a 1h sword character if you don't plan on spinning gacha for weapons

06-21
Replies
a closer inspection reveals it's the expensive kind of dust
the horror!
Replies
Manage

I just hope this doesn't make the game a mobile P2W style game. Does anyone know if you can get a decent amount of this currency by farming in-game? Or if you can trade this currency for in-game currency with other players?

06-26
Replies
Well, definitely this game isn't pay to win cuz no pvp content and you can deal with most of the pve content by only using free chars. The number of gacha currency you can get depends on how hard you grind in this game. I guess 20 rolls or higher every week without any payments is possible. Currently, no trade system among players.
Replies
Manage

Hi Sleipnir

I'm working on a video talking about the Gacha system and wanted to ask if i can mention some of the monetization information you posted here? Ill link this post in the description to give you credit.

Also i see you posting a lot of really helpful information and wanted to ask how you were able to get the info for the upcoming beta?

Lastly i think i found your YouTube channel, it had the same username you have here but only one video so im not sure its you.

06-28
Replies
Sure, go for it. That's why I am here, uploading posts to let people know about Genshin Impact. If you can share these with more people, why not? 
I'm playing CN beta, which started earlier than global one, and I get the information from there. The account you saw on the YouTube is mine but I'm not a big fan of it. Not sure if I will upload more videos on YouTube.
Replies
Ok thank you. I appreciate it. I'd love to use some other post because like I said you post some good stuff. As for the YouTube thing i feel that if you were able to convert some of your posts into videos they'd do well. So if you do decide to try it out know you'll have my support.
Replies