Genshin · Forums
EN

Genshin impact battle pass

Originates from: Tavern
Post Published: 06-13 Last Edited: 06-22

Hey Travelers! How are you?

I've been seeking in some chinese forums for more info, and as you know, in the CN beta they are testing some of the monetization features (we don't know if we will have them in our beta).

As you also know, all the progress will be whiped after CBT ends, so all the money that they will spend in CBT will be "returned" in in-game benefits whenever the game releases (and a bit extra reward for supporting game in the beta).

So, what I've found is some sort of Battle pass that they may implement in CN beta. It would consist in the regular way of battle passes: free pathway and premium pathway. You have to play and do some activities (I guess questing, abyss, domains, bosses, campsites, exploring...) to gain battle pass exp and reach the higher lvl (which will be 30 right now).

If you pay some ammount of money you can unlock all the rewards in the premium pathway.

So, what do you think about the rewards in both pathways? Would it be worthwhile?

I think that it will depend on:

- How much time do you require to achieve 1 lvl.

- How much money it will cost.

And for completing my opinion, I have to say that I would preffer some cosmethic or more consistent reward (for example, when you reach lvl 30 you can gain instantly a character from 5tier star, or some sort of costume/ 5star weapon). It's quite good to have lots of objects to speed up your progression while you complete in game activities but I think it would have to include other incentives.

Feel free to share all your thoughts in the comments box!

We are almost ready for our trip to Teyvat, so prepare yourself and take it easy!!

See you in Teyvat ~

Reading is good, commenting is better::
  • All comments
  • Author only
Sort:Ascending
Manage

I don’t think this battle Pass is a bad idea. As someone who plays Honkai, their battle pass is pretty fair in my eyes and just looking at Genshin’s battle pass—doesn’t look too bad

06-13
Replies
Yeah, I think this is not gonna be the final one, they should adjust more things like the rewards I think _(FollowMe)
Replies
i just wish this battle pass be like Fortnite or PUBG :(
Replies
Manage

Thank you for sharing, i was expecting something like a battle pass to show up, definitely intrigued by what could those chest give

06-13
Replies
Hmmm, I've read that it provides u a 4star weapon (one of them) and the others, more materials to upgrade your characters
Replies
Manage

06-13
Replies
Manage

Tbh I quite like the idea of a battle pass if implemented correctly. Usually Battle Pass gives you a lot back in return compared to what you spend. Sure it's not instant but grinding is just part of the process. I always buy a BP if it's worth due to two reasons.

1) It cheaper and allows me a way to support the dev(though I usually end up whaling a lot in the end anyway).

2) The Money Spent to Rewards ratio is quite good.

To give you a idea Mihoyo's other game has two of these things namely Monthly Card and Battle Pass.

a) Monthly Card is $5 and gives you a total of 3130 Crystals over a course of 30 days(60 per day and additional of 500 as bonus after 15 days). 330 crystals are instant bonus on buying the Monthly Card.

Each Gacha roll in Honkai Impact 3 is 280 Crystals. So you get enough for about 11 Rolls in one month just from this alone.

Straight up top up is $50 for 3300 crystals + some bonus. So you can compare and see it's actually very good value.

06-13
Replies
b) Second is the Monthly Pass. It has two tiers. The lower one being $10(called Knight BP) and the higher one being $20(called Paladin BP). 
For a light spender it's not worth going for higher since it only gives you 20 instant levels + an Emblem or Border. Nothing else.
The Battle Pass in Honkai Impact 3 stays for one version(about 5-6 weeks) and has a total of 70 levels. First 50 levels have great rewards, rest 20 is just extra currency.
Replies
The first 50 levels gives you very good amount of rewards including premium currency(referring to items usually gotten through gacha), gacha tickets, crystals and other rewards. 
tl:dr Both Monthly Card and Battle Pass in Mihoyo's other game is implemented really well and gives a lot rewards. So I'd say they are very much worth it.
Replies
View all replies >
Manage

1001 ways to flatten our wallet

06-13
Replies
Yes, it will suffer a lot_(GoodLuck)
Replies
Manage

i'm never going to financially recover from this.

06-13
Replies
Wouldn't it be a better option than spending full though?
Replies
i dont know by the look of it the reward looking like just bunch of material,summoning& type of in game currency
Replies
View all replies >
Manage

If the battle pass has a lot more value then yeah I'll invest, but if it's in your face everytime then might be a turn off. Look at Raid shadow legend p2w and monetization every where.

06-13
Replies

Truth be told genshin’s pass sound more like u can get the rewards. But if u want u can use money to get better rewards.

06-13
Replies
It's worth while to pay and grind a battle pass better than buy separated rewards or gems
Replies
Manage

I have no idea what most of those icons mean. Gold is obvious and i recognize the primogems but the other stuff, i got no idea.

Depending on the price, if it's fair, i'd get a battlepass though, as well as the monthly primogem card. Even the free path for the battlepass looks nice, i mean, if it's free.

06-13
Replies
The pink gems are used to enhance weapons and the paper sheets are for upgrading your characters _(Celebration)
Replies
Manage

I thought I’ll get a high-quality analogue of Zelda with gacha, but it seems I was wrong. I hope mihoyo will make a good game, but now it looks pretty strange.

06-13
Replies
... I don't see how this ruins it? In fact, it gives F2P more value because they have a free pack too, getting more ways of getting things. You don't NEED to buy this.
Replies
because it could be the FIRST good MOBILE game, but they want to make 2 honkai that will look like a zelda...
Replies
View all replies >
Manage

Do you happen to know what are in those locked boxes? They happen to be very important in terms of the Pearl Card Valuation.

For those unfamiliar, Moon Card gives 300 + 90 * 30 = 3000 primogems.

Pearl Card (aka this BP) gives 5fates + 680 = 1480 primogems as well as 4 + 1 + 1 mysterious boxes.

As such, those boxes are very important since everything else can be acquired with time investment, for the exp, gold, and upgrade mats.

06-13
Replies
Go away Majesty, this essay is not for you to write.
Replies
Manage

Depends how it will be priced and how the rewards in the premium track will be set. There is a very thin line between "pay to win" and "pay for convenience"/"save my time". So I have no exact opinion until I will see the exact form in the game. It may vary between "it's OK" to "who they think I am? A walking wallet waiting to be emptied?" ;)

06-13
Replies
Well, our wallets will be more empty when game releases, that's for sure hahaha We will see if the content of the premium pathway will be worth while
Replies
Manage

06-13
Replies
Manage

06-13
Replies
Manage

Battle Pass acceptable as long as it is good value. For me that is 4.99 USD or less.

06-13
Replies
Well, I think that regular cost of a battle pass is 10€/$ (at least in all games that I've played)
Replies
Yeah nvm I was thinking month card
Replies
View all replies >
Manage

If the battle pass is fair and as long as this game doesn't pressure you to buy premium currency, or paywall... I would love to support the devs.

4.99$ would be good. Just like honkai impact.

06-13
Replies
I'll pay a bit more to support them, I think they have made a good effort with this game!
Replies
Manage

I had a feeling they would have implemented a Battle Pass in Genshin, but I wonder what will be used to access the higher-tiers. I know you needed chips for those tiers in Honkai.

06-14
Replies
Manage

I'm basing it off of Time vs. Effort and how the rewards play into progression and end game. I like to min-max, so as long as the rewards assist more than just initial progression, then I revert back to Time vs. Effort.

06-15
Replies
Manage

i want this battle pass to be like Fortnate ot PUBG :(

06-15
Replies
Manage

it should have some ~infinite levels~ with a minor reward for who are still grinding after it

06-16
Replies