Genshin · Forums
EN

FAQ regarding CBT3

Originates from: Tavern
Post Published: 06-15 Last Edited: 06-15

Hello travelers,

I know you have many question about cbt3. I've seen some questions under my posts and other posts as well. Sorry, I'm addicted to the game and don't reply them. Please check the following frequently asked questions to see if they are in it.

1. Why does the CN cbt3 start early?

This beta will include ps4 in global, but no in CN, so the CN beta releases early. We're behind since we have ps4 holding us back.

2. What's the date of global cbt3?

The beta will come in July, as announced in community, no specific date yet. We can guess.

registration end beta access given out test date

CN May 29 June 9 June 11

global June 19 June 29(?) July 1(?)

3. Can we play coop cross platform?

The answer is yes, and I also heard they will add cross server in the future.

4. Is it possible to switch devices to play GI beta?

Once you have logged in the game, your account will be locked to your device. They do allow you to play it in other devices, but limited in 1 for each platform (PC, iOS and Android). At least this's what they do in the CN beta. To be safe, stick with 1 device.

5. How will we know whether we are invited to participate in the beta?

If you are invited, you will receive an invitation via email. The download link also attach to the email. Please check your emails regularly.

6. How does loot work in coop?

Loot isn't that useless though the material you can get is limited. You can collect renewable resource in other world, like ores making strong weapon. However, you can't get the material that doesn't refresh. I even ask my friend to open the chest in his world to see if I can get the treasure, but it doesn't work in that way. Moreover, you can get monster drops even if they are not defeated by you. For dungeons and world bosses, you also can get rewards as long as you have enough Original Resin (energy).

7. How does geo react with other elements?

If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Reading is good, commenting is better::
  • All comments
  • Author only
Sort:Ascending
Manage

Ah.

A little addition to Q5.

Some people may have the mail ended up in "Spam" section or hidden away.

So be sure to check that place also. If not, the last thing you can try is to use the search bar on the mailbox to find.

06-15
Replies
Thanks for the implement_(AtEase)
Replies
The search bar doesn't really work, even if you type in "genshin" or "closed beta". The only thing that works for me is "Paimon". Just go through your guys' spam... It honestly makes me sad when people get the game invite but don't play it. It basically steals a slot and rips the chance for others to play... Please look through your spam.
Replies
Manage

Any idea how the geo shields work exactly?

Do they just absorb damage?

Or reduce damage by a %?

Or is it just a 1 hit thing?

And does the shiled itself have elemental properties(fire one burning grass for example)?

06-15
Replies
Well, applying an element to an opponent before applying geo makes enemies drop
elemental shards that will reduce damage by a percent for that element.
Replies
Manage

Very informative. Thank you.

06-15
Replies
Manage

thank you for the info drop!

06-15
Replies
Manage

Where do i sign up?

06-15
Replies
Are you talking about the CBT? if yes, here the link to sign up https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en
If you want to know how some peoples are already playing and have information, is because the Closed Beta already started in China
Replies
Just google Genshin Impact, go their official website, and click final beta test to sign up
https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en
Replies
Manage

can you switch characters and retain the shield?

06-16
Replies
You can, that's how the shield works
Replies
Manage

By the way, I recall seeing that the exp open world stuff only gives 75 AR exp now, does that amount scale based on world level or is dungeon AR exp just lower now?

06-16
Replies
Yes, as the world level increases, both AR exp and rewards increase. My world level currently is 2 and I get 125 AR exp if my memory isn't wrong.
Replies
Alright cool, I believe it may just be scaled like the dungeons in CBT2 where the first level was 75, the second was 125, and the third was 175 and henceforth.
Replies
Manage

Guess sharing treasure loot is out of the window so the only loot we can shared is farmable resources, and dungeons loot.

06-16
Replies
Manage

Thanks a lot, waiting for your next one

06-16
Replies
Manage

I wonder if we could try the japanese or chinese voice pack in the CBT3?

06-17
Replies
In GI official website, they say CN, KR, EN, JP dub will be available, some of them currently are incomplete tho. I cannot try JP dub in the CN cbt3 btw.
Replies