Genshin · Forums
EN

Suggestion: Remove/hide the forum leveling system

Originates from: Tavern
Post Published: 06-21 Last Edited: 06-21

Having everyone's forum level displayed on their profile leads tons of people to making low effort posts or replying to posts with just emojis that contribute nothing to the topic for the daily exp.

Please remove the system entirely or at least hide everyone's forums levels from public view to reduce the incentive/motivation to spam the forums. This should make room for meaningful discussion once CBT3 and eventually release comes.

Reading is good, commenting is better::
  • All comments
  • Author only
Sort:Ascending
Manage

This is something to consider, several posts are apparently made with something random and easy just to get experience, sometimes someone even does something annoyning to get attention ...

Some peoples think the level up event still running

(English not primary)

06-21
Replies
Manage

Well, i think the level up system is to show that you are familiar with the game and experienced in it, so if a new member asks something, they will most likely believe the person with the highest level

06-21
Replies
Not really, just because your EXP level is high doesn't mean you are knowledgeable but that you simply post a lot in the forum. It's only purpose (as of now) is to know the activity level of the user on the platform, nothing more. Idk, a synchronization with the in-game adventure level would be nice for that purpose.
Replies
Replies
No well you see, yes, there may be people who post alot just to get EXP, but there are high level people that have been here longer, thats why they are more knowledgeable
Replies
View all replies >
Manage

@TEnderM

Then a account synchronisation would be way more useful (ingame level) to be displayed under the account nick.

But yeah, the quality of posts are underwhelming with the current forum level system.

06-21
Replies
You could've simply replied to his post y'know...
Replies
Or I don't because the second answer wasn't meant for him. ;)
Replies
View all replies >
Manage

TBH i believe the leveling system is to give people some insensitive to communicate with other players. From a simple question to fan art to even fun banter it helps the community feel more connected. Yes I agree that some post may be just to gain a higher level but if people didn't care for the community why post since levels gives no benefits. Rather i believe the levels may be an indication to show how much people actually participate in the forums and to spark conversation.

06-21
Replies
I agree on the fact that the purpose of the system is to encourage communication. But unfortunately, it causes redundant posts to be made day after day as people struggle to find something interesting to talk about.
Yeah, the levels do not give an "real" benefit. They are internet fame points, similar to karma on Reddit. If it exists people will grind it to be exclusive, show off, etc.
Replies
Manage

Instead of removing levelling system, we can have Minus Exp, what i mean is if a post is taken down bcuz Exp farming, Dupe post or smth then remove all Exp that the poster got from that post.

06-21
Replies
Also that View count should increase one time per user view, like if i refresh/reopen the page 5 times then the post have +5 views on it
Replies
Manage

Idk, thats a big move, plus its kinda fun to level up.

06-21
Replies
Manage

I think it's something every one of us can affect - do not reply to such low effort posts, do not like them, do not favorite them - an EXP gain from such posts will be pitiful and also moderators can simply remove them. As I have mentioned elsewhere - I don't think the problem is in the EXP system as is, rather that there is a motivation to make such posts - people are expecting it will increase the chances to get into the beta and also the forum format/design feels like it's something you can make the "shouts" instead of regular posts (in opposition of common forum styles like phpBB, XenForo, etc.).

06-21
Replies
Manage

tbh i'll take low effort posts over a dead forum any day of the week

06-21
Replies
Do you really think this forum will always be this small? The game hasn't even been released yet... It will probably get crazier later.
Replies
Replies
people generally don't use official forums that much in our dystopian dark age so who knows
Replies
Manage

06-21
Replies
Manage

I think filtering low effort posts is a better option. The level system entices people to be active.

06-22
Replies
That is the ideal scenario, but I'm not sure the mods will be to handle all the posts come release. Hopefully they can make something that can flag low effort posts programmatically to have something to rely on aside from other reader's reporting and reading every single post.
Replies