Genshin · Forums
EN

About the music style...

Originates from: Tavern
Post Published: 06-21

Genshin Impact sure had some top-rank music team and bunches of money to co-op with London Philharmonic Orchestra, and we players are glad to see this. The medieval style music the game currently contain is refreshing and peaceful, but somehow too gentle. I wonder if HOYO-MIX would use their experience of creating modern-style-music in Honkai 3rd into Genshin Impact.

I'm gonna use an old example:

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor is a SLG game on NDS released by ATLUS in 2009, as an near-post-demon-apocalypse game its music combines rock and classic style. The song 'Demon of Darkness' here integrated elec-guitar and pipe organ and gives me a badass feeling. I believe Genshin can use some musical instrument combination to express the different scenery and atmosphere of Teyvat.

Reading is good, commenting is better::
  • All comments
  • Author only
Sort:Ascending
Manage

I dont think they would do that... Hi3 uses different music styles for different eras they potray. Genshin sticks to a single plot so "no"

06-21
Replies
Manage

Genshin Impact is set in the fantasy middle ages, so the music being inspired by more traditional music fits it a lot better than the example you showed. GI is also in general calm, serene and beautiful. Hard, gritty music doesn't fit that at all.

06-22
Replies
Manage

I love genshin's soundtrack. It's very peaceful when you're exploring and when you are viewing the world, and all of them fit the tones. I don't really think they need to change much at all.

06-23
Replies