Genshin · Forums
EN

Weapon mechanics summarized

Originates from: Tavern
Post Published: 06-29 Last Edited: 07-11

Translated from https://bbs.mihoyo.com/ys/article/1386313

Alright gonna get to the meat of it and make it short and sweet.

After analyzing a bunch of data, There was some trends seen on the growth of the attack weapons. We'll split these trends into types. The type names are based on their base attack at level 1, i.e. a Type 41 weapon at level 1 has 41 attack

1 Star: Type23

2 Star: Type33

3 Star: Type38, 39, 40

4 Star: Type 41, 42, 44

5 Star: Type 46, 48

Weapons in the same type system have the same attack power and growth trends. What this basically means is that weapons characterized in the same types will have the same base attack and will have the same values at max and limit break levels.

We can look at some examples

This 4 star bow in the type 41 category has attack powers as follows (before and after Limit break)

We can compare these to other type 41 weapons and get similar attack power growth pattern.

You can reference Weapon types and attack power growth below both before and after limit break. Cells are left blank if data is missing.

After weapon base attack power we can talk about secondary attributes, of which there are 8 types. Aside from Elemental Mastery all other 7 attributes are percentage modifiers. After looking at the data available we have come to the following conclusions.

Secondary Attribute growth trends have nothing to do with weapon rarity and the kind of secondary attributes they represent.

The growth of secondary attributes are only affected by the base percentage starting out.

Similar percentages have similar growth

Larger percentages grow faster and larger bonuses.

Elemental Masteries function similarly

Pictures

The 4*crit+8% sword has the same growth as the 5*+8% elemental recharge sword (now both at 14.1% from growth and upgrades to 20.6%). And the that's lower than the last 5* +12% Elemental recharge sword which grew to 30.9% (vs 20.6% at lvl 40)

Growth chart

Weapon Refinement.

Weapons can be refined 4 times, to a maximum rank of 5. Refinement increases are similar and incremental

Enemies when hit has 50% chance of dealing damage at 240%/280%/320%/360%/400% increased attack power, the effect can occur once every 15/14/13/12/11 seconds

The Rank increments decrease the cooldown by 1 second and 40% more attack power every rank.

Limit Breaking weapons require 2 types of material

Weapon growth materials https://bbs.mihoyo.com/ys/obc/content/478/detail?bbs_presentation_style=no_header

Common growth materials https://bbs.mihoyo.com/ys/obc/content/117/detail?bbs_presentation_style=no_header

Mats needed chart

Slot 1 are all weapon mats, slot 2 and 3 are common mats.

Weapons changed appearance at Rank 5 during CBT2, In CBT3 they changed after 2nd Limit Break.

The rest is just a conclusion of everything mentioned above

Reading is good, commenting is better::
  • All comments
  • Author only
Sort:Ascending
Manage

"Weapons changed appearance at Rank 5 during CBT2, In CBT3 they changed after 2nd Limit Break."

Laugh in Ayaka Ult

06-29
Replies
Manage

Yes, now I can put regression equations into my 100 page feedback essay. Keep translating these essays our #1 slave I mean volunteer.

06-29
Replies
Majesty's arsenal (heavy AF essays) gets larger each blast post
Replies
Manage

06-29
Replies
Manage

Interesting read. Thanks for the hard work!

06-29
Replies
Manage

Thanks for your work on translating this! Is it your understanding that the secondary attributes are random percentages, up to 16% to begin with? So, it would be in our best interest to only continue limit breaking the weapons we find that have this starting percentage for the secondary attributes and use the rest for fodder? I haven't been in a CBT, so I'm just trying to understand weapon upgrades and what is the most efficient use of resources.

06-29
Replies
Manage

Thanks for the translation, keep up to good work

06-30
Replies
Manage

"short and sweet"

07-01
Replies