Genshin · Forums
EN

[Lore] Books Re-uploaded - An Adventurer, Emerging

Originates from: Tavern
Post Published: 06-30 Last Edited: 07-01

Well, this is it Travelers! The very conclusion of the CBT2 collection, ending with the adventures the select few will undergo as the date draws to closer. I will try my best to be one of those select few to get these lore posts remastered for CBT3 (FIGHT ON!), and if so, plans for the future will include re-uploading new books, the eventual creations of a masterpost, remastering older posts with new flairs, updated visuals, differences in CBT versions, and perhaps eventually provide a dissection of my own observations for those that still have questions. Until then, see ya Celestia-side, Traveler!

(Make sure to share your opinions and thoughts too! Banner use of Art/Story assets are credited to Mihoyo.)

=============================================================

"A diary of the famed adventurer Roald, left by the lake. It tells of his plans after his adventures on Mt. Aozang."

I seem to have lost yet another diary… I don't understand, I even made sure to say to myself three times: "Whatever you do, don't lose your diary." But then I got caught up in my adventure, and it went straight out of my head. I waste so much paper every year… I do hope the Dendro Archon won't mind.

I have arrived at a mountain lake located high on Mt. Aozang. To get here, I had to hike up a winding dirt trail, make my way across perilous wooden walkways, built by herbalists in ancient times, and then scale a steep, wet cliff. I was told by some fishermen that the lake is a thousand furlongs deep, but after taking a dip in the water I can safely say that their statements were pure hyperbole.

The Qingce Village elders were right after all: the mountain lake's water is sweet and warm. This place certainly lives up to its reputation as a celestial paradise! Back when I had just arrived in Jueyunjian, an old farmer told me that the Adepti possess a mysterious magical ability that lets them turn into mist and roam in the sea of clouds. I dismissed it as an old wives' tale at the time, but seeing the way the mist over the lake rises up to the summit and merges together with the sea of clouds, it does make me wonder… The Adeptus I've been searching for could be roaming the clouds at the summit right now, for all I know, and I would be completely oblivious to it.

I headed east down the mountain and ended up thoroughly lost in a thick forest. Finally, I came to a clearing and discovered I was back at the banks of the Bishui River. I have an excellent view of the surrounding area here, so I think this is where I'll camp for the night.

While I was sorting through my things at the camp, I met a young lady who looked like she was out on a treasure hunt. She was called Eduarda, and she explained that she was heading west to look for a "Miraculous Lake" at the foot of Mt. Aozang.

"Legends tell of an Adeptus who lives beside a lake at the food of Mt. Aozang on the northern side. If that's true, then that's sure to be where the Adeptus keeps their secret treasure, too… Bahahaha, I know exactly what I'll do when I get my hands on that treasure!"

Then she quickly changed her tune, as if suddenly realizing how she sounded: "I… I'd contact the Guild, and report to them I found it! I am a proud member of the Adventurers' Guild, and I have absolutely no connection to the Treasure Thieves!"

Indeed, some adventurers are in the business for material wealth alone. I'm reminded of that classic Liyue saying, "To each their unfathomable own"... But whatever her motications, she is a fellow adventurer nonetheless, and a genuine one at that.

I must say, I was tempted to head west in search of this fabled "Miraculous Lake" myself after hearing Eduarda talk about it. But in the end I decided to stick with my existing plan. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I will proceed to the Guili Plains to see what sights and treasures are waiting to be discovered there. And hopefully I won't lose my diary again this time – again, barring any unforeseen circumstances. I can't lose another one… May any unforeseen circumstances be well and truly barred.

"Diary of a renowned adventurer, Roald. Spots of shiny green moss can be seen among the pages."

To stop me from losing my diary yet again, this time I've put a marker made of moss on my leather case. Now it really stands out in my backpack. It's perfect! Tonight, I'll put it beside my pillow before I go to sleep – there's no way I don't think I can keep calling myself an adventurer… a misadventurer, perhaps. 

I headed westward from the mountain pass at Mt. Tianheng and came to a ruin, known locally as Qingxu pool. The entrance to the ruin is located right in the center of a giant rocky outcrop rising up from the center of a shallow pool. It is surrounded on all sides by steep cliff faces. There are several stone towers which blend in seamlessly with the natural scenery put here by the Geo Archon. The morning mist is beginning to clear and the first rays of sunlight are starting to illuminate the mountains and ruins. It looks like it'll be good weather today.

Legends say that these ruins predate the Geo Archon's rule over Liyue. The whole of Lisha was covered by water at the time of the Archon War, and back then this rocky outcrop was nothing more than a little islet that rose above the water's surface. After peace was restored, the region of Lisha unfurled once more as the tides withdrew, revealing the ancient buildings erected by the early peoples.

Back when I was at the Wangshu Inn I met a scholar from Sumeru called Soraya. She had done a fair bit of research on the ruins in Lisha. Once she got talking about it she could talk all day. What she told me was that these ruins were left behind by an evil god, whose name has been wiped from the record, and its people. But in the end, the sea gave way to forests and fields, the self-serving god was defeated, and the strongholds and temples of the ancient city the god's people once built were left to crumble. That is how Qingxu Pool came to be. The ruins were submerged until the long Archon War finally came to an end, emerging on the landscape as the tide subsided.

Maybe these crumbling remains have been left as a nostalgic reminder of a bygone era for the Adepti and the other deities. In any case this is a calm and tranquil place that has, for whatever reason, remained entirely unperturbed by the relentless development of Liyue Harbor and untouched by the mining operation based at the Chasm. It has been left, as-is right to this day. Perversely, the only disturbances have come since the mining at the Chasm has been halted, as monsters have now occupied the ruins there. Let's just hope they don't destroy anything. It is a simple theory, but I need to gather more evidence, I should keep heading north and visit the ruins at Lingyu Pass and Dunyu.

I ran into Eduarda again just before I set off. She seemed to be traveling with a partner this time. She must have a busy adventurer's schedule – it seemed like I blinked and then she'd disappeared off into the ruins.

Lisa's Library - Closed

(Knights of Favonius's scheduled vacation to Falcon Coast reserved a year ago)

I. Teyvat Travel Guide (includes rest of Mondstadt Collection at the end)

Jifang's Scroll Shop

I. Stone Tablet Compilations (Vol. I) & Verses of Equilibrium

II. Yakshas: The Vigilant Adepti & Customs of Liyue - Flower Ball

III. Records of the Gallant - The Hermit & Humor From Tianheng

IV. Records of Jueyun - Stone Beasts/Palace Beneath the Sea

V. Someone's Diary (Vol. I & II)

VI. Someone's Diary (III & IV) & Letter to Dongdong

VII. Legend of the Shattered Halberd (Vol. I)

VIII. Legend of the Shattered Halberd (Vol. II & III)

IX. Legend of the Shattered Halberd (Vol. IV & V)

X. Diary of Roald the Adventurer - (Qingce Village & Luhua Pool)

XI. Diary of Roald the Adventurer - (Yaoguang Shoal & Guyun Stone Forest)

XII. Diary of Roald - (Sal Terrae & Qingyun Peak, Jueyunjian)

XIII. Diary of Roald the Adventurer - (Aozang Lake, Jueyunjian & Qingxu Lake)

Note to the devs: the section containing (original v)

It tells of his plans after his adventurers on Mt. Aozang.

Should be:...after his adventures on My. Aozang.

She was called Eduardo, and she explained

I ran into Eduardo again just before I set off.

It is explicitly stated multiple times she is female, and one of her names was mentioned ending in 'a' rather then 'o'. Given that it is probably Eduarda rather then Eduardo (feminine v. masculine) the following typos should be replaced with 'Eduarda.'

Reading is good, commenting is better::
  • All comments
  • Author only
Sort:Ascending
Manage

Thanks again for all your hard work! These have been really great.

06-30
Replies