Genshin · Forums
EN

Needing dupes to unlock talents is terrible!

Originates from: Tavern
Post Published: 07-11 Last Edited: 07-12

Especially with how low the rates are, needing to get many dupes of a character to unlock all of their talents is awful.

People aren't noticing anything now because everyone is in the early game, but not being able to max out characters without lots of dupes is bad design.

There are already very few ways to develop your characters through gameplay. Most progression is done using either exp items or from rolling in the Gacha, and this Eternal Fortuna system is just adding insult to injury.

EDIT: Most other Gachas I’ve played with a similar system have an alternative way of farming for the same “dupe upgrades”. Dupes should never be the gating factor in progression, but an alternative faster way.

Reading is good, commenting is better::
  • All comments
  • Author only
Sort:Ascending
Manage

I don't think so.

Are you trying to finish the game so fast by doing so?

Just think of it as an end-game feature.

There's tons of thing you can do in game while unlocking your talents.

This is Grinding Impact.

07-11
Replies
There are plenty of things to grind, without having it be Gacha dependent. Even if Gacha wasn't a think, if someone really wanted to "complete" the game, they would likely have to play much longer than most games currently.
I don't think defending the current Gacha is really a hill you want to stand on. Regardless of how "other" games with gacha are managed, this is a game that will be cross-play and have likely a large PC/Console playerbase, to us, Gacha in it's current form is way too extreme
Replies
In what world would you consider this end-game content?
There is absolutely no action the player can take to actively progress on this system.
Other games with similar systems often have an alternative way to farm for dupe upgrades through gameplay.
Replies
View all replies >
Manage

+ The chance for a gacha (character) to drop is reduced by 26%

07-11
Replies
Manage

I don't know, this is in several other gacha games as well. Getting dupes in HI3 allows you to get frags to upgrade the valks to SSS and such, and dupes in Arknights allow you to upgrade their potential, increasing their strength in battle. This isn't a new feature, and it was around last CBT too. There were no other complaints about getting dupes for constellations though.

07-11
Replies
I know we disagree, but I don't think holding Genshin Impact to other non-crossplay titles that are especially not heavily ARPG, is a big difference. The current Gacha is vastly too extreme. Less than 10% for 5-star and less than 20% for 4-star, among 3-star draws, with no initial purchase possibility for characters, isn't fun and will push a lot of players away from the game. 90% of the gameplay is dependent on what characters you have.
Replies
I haven’t played HI3, but in Arknights and most games where I’ve seen a similar system there are ways to farm tokens for upgrading that are alternative to needing dupes.
Replies
View all replies >
Manage

I’m with you on this. I have been trying to get a dupe for any of the characters I use and haven’t seen one yet. This combined with banners rotating characters out of your reach completely makes for a very unrewarding grind. Unfortunately I don’t see them changing it; so my next suggestion is a duplicate of any character will create an item to use. So you’re not limited to getting a dupe for that specific one. Even if it had to be within the same Element, it would be better than the current setup.

07-12
Replies

careful with the posts, they deleted mine for asking when the final game comes out

07-12
Replies
No. These are 2 different posts. This is him giving positive concerns and criticism about an in-game mechanic. Your supposed post is you being too lazy to look up the information so much like other people, your post gets deleted because it fills of the forums with questions that have been answered 100s of times before. Go and actually read some news or articles if you want an answer.
Replies
Manage

Not having access to the actual game atm means I can only speculate but assuming there's enough other things to do in the game this shouldn't be a massive issue as you can simply keep yourself busy with the other things you'd want to work on. However, if this means the gameplay is halted by this system that'd be pretty bad!

07-12
Replies
You eventually get gated by this, pretty largely. These constellations make a huge impact and give lots of extra bonuses to skills. You can see it through the Main Character who can at least purchase his.
Replies
Ay that's a massive bummer! Do you feel it's problematic that the game gates it like this? Or does it feel fair? :)
Replies
View all replies >
Manage

One of my big changes that I would like to see for Wishes period:

1. Initial (One-Time) purchase of characters

2. Character focused pulls or character only wish pull events

3. Character priority given for pulls

Currently it's around 180 pulls for a 5-star, which you have at best 50% chance to get a character.

I think the current Gacha is way to extreme and unfavorable, regardless of how people may compare it to other "gacha" mobile games. This isn't just a mobile game, it's an open world ARPG, that is going to be crossplay.

07-12
Replies
Even compared to other Gacha games it looks quite unfavorable.
Replies
Manage

You can reserve your judgement for dupes after the game releases. If this game follows a similar route to Honkai where you can farm 4*'s and the older 5*'s, then there isn't an issue since that just means you have to be smart with your primogems instead of spending them willy-nilly.

07-12
Replies
I hope so, I've heard good things about how friendly Mihoyo is to F2Players.
As I said in my comment below, I can also see them using the Friendship lvls to unlock constellations. It has 5 levels and 2 attachments. Those attachments being each character's Vision, and what looks like a special quest (might be related to that character's Story Quests).
Replies
Manage

Yeah, at first I didn't really care, because you get so much Primogems and can get a lot of consecutive pulls.

But after you finish most or all content you go from getting 10~15 pulls a day, to a max of 2 if you're really lucky and explore a lot.

Not that I am completely against a gamble system to getting my characters, I think that has it's own charm in a way, like opening a bag of TCG cards and showing off that legendary or that cool combo you imagined with your friends. If it was just unlocking characters, I wouldn't even care about the low drop rates, because at least you get rewarded just for pulling, be it weapon exp or the special currency. But locking their progress behind those miserable rates is too much to ask.

For now, I'm Rank 32 and I never once felt underpowered and needing those constelations. But man, I wish I could farm those crystals. One place I feel could get used to that is the friendship levels, that for now only unlock extra story bits for that character.

07-12
Replies
Manage

They will keep releasing new weapons on top of characters! 5*/4* weapons where u need 4 dupes of them, characters again 6 dupes each. There is zero exp gain from killing monsters for characters so have to be dependent on limited exp vouchers again!!

God they make this beautiful game to play, becomes a freemium; every other aspect of game is shit coz of this. Ur gated by rng, unnecessary/forced grind etc.

07-12
Replies
Manage

I noticed they have a shard system, for characters but currently you can only buy 2 characters in it. If this was more expanded with like a weekly rotation or such, then maybe that would work.

07-12
Replies
Manage

I'm with you on this

Arknights have tokens

Azur lane has bulins

Girls Frontline has Dummy Cores

We really need some alternative than just roll a dupe.

07-14
Replies
Manage

The terrible gacha system in this game aside I agree that an alternate way to unlock constellations is needed. Bulins in Azur Lane and Dummy Cores in Girls Frontline are great examples of what is needed here.

07-14
Replies