Genshin · Forums
EN

When Genshin Impact will be released ? "Theory"

Originates from: Tavern
Post Published: 07-12

Honestly this game looks awesome but when it will be released by Mihoyo ? Well i don't know either but I might have a guess when and we all know it's 2020.

According to Google search results it says Inital Release Date which only shows the year, not even of the month and day. But on the other hand platforms are already get stated : PC, PS4, Android, IOS, Nintendo Switch. Those platforms releases will be different from each other maybe by few days or even a week or two.

Currently we are in the closed beta which means only a month or two away from release or it will be released in Q3 2020.

I created a poll for the purpose of guessing the release time, anyone can vote and this way estimates can be made by community.

Reading is good, commenting is better::
  • All comments
  • Author only
Sort:Ascending
Manage

Considering the short distance between CBT 2 & 3, it could mean they dont have much left they want us to test on. Not much was really added besides a few storylines, a new character, and a new system. They have also been bug fixing during the CBT rather than at the end of it. The average duration of the CBT will probably be about a month, so early August it will be over. Give them about 6 weeks before we get any news, then about 2 weeks before it comes out. I think the best bet is early early October, even though I'd want sometime in September.

07-12
Replies
Thank you for the info ! You really helped out with questionn :D
You're the best man
Replies
Manage

Fall of 2020

07-12
Replies
Manage

I'll guess October. :)

07-12
Replies
Manage

I'll go for:

CBT ending July 31st

Open Beta starting August 21st

Full Launch (PS4) September 18th

That's my optimistic view. At my most pessimistic I'll plump for sometime in November, but given how polished the current closed beta is (localisation doesn't take long these days) I'm swaying more towards sooner than later.

07-12
Replies
Manage

i hope that full release is september 29th

07-12
Replies
Manage

All we know at this point in a likely soft-launch with Open Beta in 2020. Speculating past that with an official release date is a bit ridiculous as we have no idea what or how much may change between CBT3 and Open Beta.

07-12
Replies
Manage

All I can say it's unlikely that it'll be later than october. Cyberpunk and valhalla come in november, that's definitely a no no, and I also don't see it happening in december (technically still autumn), it's a quiet month, it's the holidays, everything is out by then

Imo september would be the best time, people are always starved for games come september

07-13
Replies
Manage

Definitely not that soon because there will be an open beta apparently

07-13
Replies
Manage

Probably in November/December

07-13
Replies
Manage

Wow, a lot more people have voted on this than I thought! Anyways, considering that the open beta for CN has been said to come in August, it's probably at LEAST past that point, and the fact that they don't really have a need for testers anymore (for testing rather than publicity), I think that they probably don't even have much more to do other than ironing out things or adding things to the main game (as they will still be updating the game of course after release)

07-13
Replies