Genshin · Forums
EN

Adding more language support (Helping monolingual)

Originates from: Tavern
Post Published: 07-12

Currently there are only 10 language supported now and here is the following :

-English

-French

-Spanish

-Russian

-Japanese

-Simplified Chinese

-Traditional Chinese

-Vietnamese

-Thai

I think adding more help creating monolingual users understanding the context without learning a secondary language

Reading is good, commenting is better::
  • All comments
  • Author only
Sort:Ascending

I see German have the biggest chance on this one.

As Mondstadt (1st city of the game) is German-based.

Other languages which are not common, or related to another, would have lower chance of getting translated.

07-12
Replies
Manage

I mean there are already 10 languages man, that's a lot

07-12
Replies
Manage

german

07-12
Replies
Manage

German, obviously. Out of those languages and markets German is by far the biggest. It is a little strange that German is missing when there is normally German localization of every game.

07-12
Replies
Manage

Well, I feel like 10 languages are quite a lot already and saying there are "only 10" isn't really fair to them.

If there will be more choices I think german has the highest chance out of those like others already mentioned. I definetely think it shouldn't be a high priority though at this point.

07-12
Replies
Manage

I think the languages ​​available on the homepage are their goal, at least as far as the subtitles and menu language are concerned.

The German homepage is great and there is nothing to complain about, so I thought that the German localization for the subtitles is in progress or will be completed soon?

Even the manga is completely translated into German. I was very surprised.

07-13
Replies
Manage

It's a lot of work to add a new language.... Maybe w/ stuff like THcrap and others you could automate it, but it's still a lot of work. (I'm saying this as I'm assuming that you aren't meaning different voices for them as that would be absurd)

07-13
Replies
Manage

Those are the languages that will be supported upon release.

07-13
Replies