Genshin · Forums
EN

Adding Voice For Protagonists

Originates from: Tavern
Post Published: 07-12

Recently I thought it would be a great idea to finalize some beta content by having voice actors for both gender of protagonist.

When you see NPC dialogue mentioning you, usually they either say traveller or nothing (Zoey). The other point is that the protagnist doesn't engage in conversations during answers or cutscenes, which makes it look similiar to Speed Claude from GTA 3 by having a mute character it would be a bit weird in my opinion. Beside that it would be also great thing if the voice actors will doing it in other languages

it will have support for it in near future updates.

I hope the devs will make it possible to featuring into this game, since it's really the best one so far.

Reading is good, commenting is better::
  • All comments
  • Author only
Sort:Ascending
Manage

They would have to rewrite the entire story and dialogue if they were to now add spoken lines to the protagonist. If you don't want to wait another year for Genshin Impact you'll be happy with what you now got. ;)

It's also not at all uncommon to have the player avatar in a game be silent. Think of Zelda, Dragon Quest, Elder Scrolls etc.

07-12
Replies
those update might happen in next year
Replies
Manage

Having a mute character is a design choice.

I prefer a mute character, because it enhances immersion.

Shouldn't your vote be mute or voiced?

07-12
Replies
Manage

The character does have voice though. They get the prologue.

and they have one other line when they yell "VENTI!!!!"

07-13
Replies
Voice that you can hear
Replies
Yes the characters have voiced lines, there are 2. The prologue introduction. and when Venti gets kicked so hard that the traveler starts to talk
Replies

I agree while I find it entertaining that Paimon usually speaks on Travelers behalf,

I think it might be more impactful if your own selected lines would be spoken in Lumie/Aether’s voice.

I’d love to see this become a reality.

07-13
Replies
Manage

this is a good idea

07-13
Replies
Manage

I reckon the MC's going to end up mostly mute outside of cutscenes. I mean in CBT1 they didn't talk at all, at least they have the opening now.

07-13
Replies
Manage

I don't really think that's a good idea... the story already flows nicely w/out it, and you can fill in the traveler's voice with whatever you want, making the MC feel more like you (as you are the MC...). Also, they would have to find more people to fill in the roles of the VCs, choose which dialogues to add voices to, probably change cutscenes or encounters, and generally a lot of work for something that I didn't even think was an issue for most. Most games that i've played don't have a talking MC, and it makes me feel a better connection to us both. Other people probably think more like you though I guess... sorry..

07-13
Replies
I'm pretty sure that there are a few spoken lines now though, along w/ the opening cutscene, and a few story parts. They also make sounds while in combat or moving so.... yea I guess it isn't enough though huh?
Replies