Genshin · Forums
EN

Did you notice there are NPCs of two new nations?

Originates from: Tavern
Post Published: 07-31 Last Edited: 07-31

Did anyone else notice when playing the last beta that there were NPCs of two new nations randomly found in Mondstadt and Liyue? One nation was specifically named as "Fontaine", the other was not named, but we can guess what kind of nation it is by looking at the NPC design and name.

The nation called Fontaine seems to be another European-inspired nation. Fontaine is French for fountain and the NPCs had European-style clothing similar to Mondstadt, so it could possibly be a French-inspired region connected to the water archon?

The second type of new NPC had Arabic names like Soraya and Sayid and they wore clothing that was inspired by traditional Middle Eastern fashion. The name of that nation was not mentioned, but it is obviously Middle Eastern-inspired and maybe because of the hot climate connected to Middle Eastern nations worshipping the fire archon? And wasn't there a nation called Murata mentioned in the manga worshipping a fire archon?

If this is all right, it means we now know six of the seven nations of Teyvat and their cultural inspirations and the archons they worship:

- Mondstadt (German) praying to the anemo/wind archon

- Liyue (Chinese) praying to the geo/earth archon

- Snezhnaya (Russian) praying to the cryo/ice archon

- Inazuma (Japanese) praying to the electro/lightning archon

- Fontaine (French) praying to the hydro/water archon

- Murata (Middle Eastern) praying to the pyro/fire archon.

What do you think will the seventh and last nation be like? I guess only dendro/nature is left. ;)

Reading is good, commenting is better::
  • All comments
  • Author only
Sort:Ascending

Hmm...i see most of the regions we assumed so far are supported on official site. (minus Arabic)

So maybe...just maybe, we can guess the next region based on the Language settings of the official site.

(For people who don't know where the Language settings is, scroll all the way to the bottom of the site and you'll see it)

07-31
Replies
You mean that the seventh nations is inspired by one of the languages that Genshin Impact will be localized in? That could be a possibility.
I actually hope the last nation will be Maya or Aztec inspired, completely overgrown by jungle. That would imo fit perfectly to a dendro/nature nation.
We imo have enough European and Asian-inspired nations by now.
Replies
Aztec...
*JoJo Pillar Men theme plays*_(TeaTime)
Replies
Manage

07-31
Replies
Manage

I want to play right now :( !!

07-31
Replies
Manage

Murata is actually the name of the fire archon Venti called her the lady of fire and lady of war

07-31
Replies
Manage

Could it be a reference to Bioshock? If that so, i really looking forward to seeing that City.

07-31
Replies
Manage

During my test I never experienced any Dendro (plant/wood) humanoids or playable characters. This leads me to believe that the Dendro enemies we see in the game will not be the only ones of that type available. My wife and I noted that the map had a much larger section of black to the West than to the East once unlocking all of the statues and way-points near Liyue and Mondstadt for teleporting. It makes me think there is a larger play area we don't have access to in the beta. Also I noted that the south western corner of the map had a lot of structures with collision when map-breaking. Due to the difficulty of Paimon always pushing us into an auto-run it was difficult to get further than a few meters without going under the map where you are not able to see anything.

07-31
Replies
Manage

Our 7 possible candidate nations thus far are:

Mond: Anemo

Liyue: Geo

Snezhnaya: Cryo

Inazuma: Electro

Those 4 have been confirmed basically. For the remaining 3, there's some information that leads us on them.

Sumeru: May or may not be the nation, probably capital city. Most likely dendro since Zhongli mentions during his kite appraisal that dendro is related to knowledge.

Fontaine: From process of elimination, most likely Hydro since hydro is order and pyro is combat/fire, they didn't seem particularly militaristic.

Khaen'riah: Fallen Kingdom, might still have post destruction places, where Kaeya is from, old king was a warmonger so could fit pyro.

08-01
Replies