Did anyone else notice when playing the last beta that there were NPCs of two new nations randomly found in Mondstadt and Liyue? One nation was specifically named as "Fontaine", the other was not named, but we can guess what kind of nation it is by looking at the NPC design and name.
The nation called Fontaine seems to be another European-inspired nation. Fontaine is French for fountain and the NPCs had European-style clothing similar to Mondstadt, so it could possibly be a French-inspired region connected to the water archon?
The second type of new NPC had Arabic names like Soraya and Sayid and they wore clothing that was inspired by traditional Middle Eastern fashion. The name of that nation was not mentioned, but it is obviously Middle Eastern-inspired and maybe because of the hot climate connected to Middle Eastern nations worshipping the fire archon? And wasn't there a nation called Murata mentioned in the manga worshipping a fire archon?
If this is all right, it means we now know six of the seven nations of Teyvat and their cultural inspirations and the archons they worship:
- Mondstadt (German) praying to the anemo/wind archon
- Liyue (Chinese) praying to the geo/earth archon
- Snezhnaya (Russian) praying to the cryo/ice archon
- Inazuma (Japanese) praying to the electro/lightning archon
- Fontaine (French) praying to the hydro/water archon
- Murata (Middle Eastern) praying to the pyro/fire archon.
What do you think will the seventh and last nation be like? I guess only dendro/nature is left. ;)