Genshin · Forums
EN

how is the game saved

Originates from: Tavern
Post Published: 08-01

I would like to know if it is saved with quick save or at specific save points or if when you close the game you start where you left off or start at a specific point

Thank you

Reading is good, commenting is better::
  • All comments
  • Author only
Sort:Ascending

when you close the game you start where you left off

Too lazy to type so i quote it to make an answer

08-01
Replies
thanks for the reply.
Another quick question if you die, where do you start from?
Replies
Man, a good question, I played this latest beta and I didn't even die to know, I mean, I believe you need to die all the characters in your group, to be born in a specific point on the map. If one or two characters you are using die, just revive with specific foods. And about the save, the game has automatic saving (in real time).
Replies
View all replies >
Manage

The game is online-only, every action you do is instantly saved on the server.

But that also causes issues on gameplay if you have a bad connection, during CBT2 i had a day with really bad ping and my attacks would take 2~5 seconds to register on the monsters, collecting itens from the ground was also annoying that day.

08-01
Replies
thanks for reply
Replies
Does this count for all versions, or only PC so far?
If currently for all, then I hope that playing GI requries not paying also some kind of additional sub, or in case of PS4, that we need to have later PS Plus, just to be able to play the game at all.
And if GI is that kind of Always Online game for all platforms, then this creates naturally the question of - what will happen, if Mihoyo should decide somewhen to shut down the server or has perhaps server issues
Replies
View all replies >