Genshin · Forums
EN

Is Keqing a hypocrite?

Originates from: Tavern
Post Published: 09-13

Keqing’s trailer just dropped but that got me thinking.. isn’t she a bit of a hypocrite? She believes that humanity should go without gods, and that gods should stay out of humanity’s business, but she also has a vision, which was.. given to her.. by the gods?

You think she’d refuse the vision in order to prove that she doesn’t need the god’s help..

I dunno, I’m probably missing something here but please feel free to discuss in the comments

Reading is good, commenting is better::
  • All comments
  • Author only
Sort:Ascending
Manage

That vision gives her the capacity to determine that gods should stay away from human businesses... could be .

09-13
Replies
Manage

The interpretation that visions are marks of the greatest of humanities heros rather than the most blessed.

09-13
Replies
Manage

In my opinion,she is a independent and self-reliant girl.She isn't the sort of girl who reject other's help, but just can't rely on someone completely.

09-13
Replies
No one can protect you forever , one day Liyue citizens have to face the difficulties even crisis alone.
Replies
Liyue is 100 percentage decided by god ,which is a potential danger,as it impedes people from developing the ability of facing crisis alone.
Replies
Manage

I don't think she believes gods should have nothing to do with humanity, just that they shouldn't be the ones to rule humanity.

I.e She is against the seven regions being ruled by the archons and not by the humans who live there

09-13
Replies
General response from Liyue folks to that brand of crazy talk: Our god is awesome, though. If you really feel that way, why don't you just move to Monstadt? Their god is a total slacker.
Replies
Manage

Well the mindset in China is that the Chinese never depended on or prayed to god to save them. For Keqing, she probably believes humanity can surpass the gods and the adepti through their own strength.

As for the gods, despite her being against them, they actually favor humans like her who try to surpass their own limitations. She is no hypocrite in any way.

09-13
Replies
Proof the humanity can survive and thrive without the help of heroes or gods.
Replies
The situation in Liyue is a little different, though. For lore reasons, the Geo god's constant hand in Liyue's affairs are undeniably the major reason Liyue is the richest and most powerful country in the world. Keqing may have a point about over-reliance, and may indeed represent a modern Chinese point of view, but it is an uphill battle to convince people of that in the face of all the god has done for them over the centuries.
Replies
View all replies >
Manage

Much like how Gilgamesh in FGO declared humanity's childhood's end and their independence from the gods I believe Keqing is after the same thing.

09-13
Replies
Manage

Actually maybe she's just more like this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB3JzCvXVEo

09-13
Replies
Manage

If my waifu.. say is correct.. its correct xD

09-13
Replies
Manage

Shes like one of the Fire Emblem charas who want to get rid of dragons tryna rule humans lol

09-14
Replies