Genshin · Forums
EN

Genshin Impact the F2P and P2P scenario and why you should not care about it

Originates from: Tavern
Post Published: 09-13

There's been lot of discussion going on whether Genshin is P2W, F2P friendly or not. And lots of people have their own opinion so you get different answers everywhere. Lets analyse this topic.....

First of all what is P2P or P2W? It usually refers to a person who spends real money in a game to get edge over non paying players by getting premium items in game modes predominantly PvP stuff.

Now let's come to Genshin discussion and check if F2P is viable or not. The short answer is a very big YES!.

The main benefit that a P2P player gets in genshin over F2P is characters and weapons. They obviously play the biggest role in determining whether a player is strong or not. So it definitely gives them an edge over other players.

Next up lets check the currency in the game that is Genesis Crystals(formely known as primogems. dunno why they renamed it. IMO primogems sounded wayyyyy better). One of the best method of aquiring primogems is the monthly card. For $5 it nets you a total of 3000 primogems or 30 days which amounts to about 18 pulls. Other methods of primogems aquisition are:

Monthly card ---------------> 3000

Battle Pass($5 version) -------> 1480

Daily Commissions ---------> 1800

Spiral Abyss + End Bounty-> 1840

Events (based on CBT and HK3)--> 1200

which gives a total of 9320 primogems per month which is about 58 pulls. Do note that these values are sourced from CBT and as such are most likely to change. This also does not include the achievement system, Handbook, Chests, waypoints as well as any login bonuses. Considering the pity is at 90 pulls this amount may not be much but it's very decent. Not to mention Battle Pass will include other rewards like Aquainted Fate etc. This means that you can hit the guaranteed pity in about 1 and a half month. Coming from Honkai Impact 3 Events give lots of premium currency and there will likely be more events in the full release compared to Betas.

Now why should you not care about it?

While Genshin gives you decent amount of currency to F2P players there are other reasons why you should not care about the F2P and P2W.

Genshin is what I would call has special place in the scenario in regards to that the game does not feature any direct PvP mode. The closest thing close to PvP in the game is probably gonna be the leaderboard rankings.

IMO people judge Genshin way too quickly by seeing that it's a gacha based game. The core gameplay of Genshin Impact is how you play your game. This is what Genshin pushes to table the most and the reason why the game focuses much on your OWN world prospective. The game doesn't push you towards any PvP type content. The main point is to enjoy your own world however you want. This is the main reason why instead of going for the MMO route, Genshin opted for the single player route.

You can clear all content with the free characters. Another awesome thing about the game is that there are many many good 4 star characters. Even as a F2P you will get a lot of them since you're guaranteed a 4 star rarity item on every 10th pull provided you did not get any in the previous 9 pulls.

There's no absolute best character in the game. Some characters are definitely better than others but in no way must haves. In other gacha games where you are just reduced to shit if you do not have that one OP character, Genshin has no such thing. It focuses on all the elements and how they're mixed in combat.

Genshin offers you far more than just a typical gacha game. The events, absolutely stunning music, gorgeous graphics, Open World, diverse characters, special regions and a whole lot more. This is what makes Genshin far more special than any other games currently in the market.

Gacha you know it will always be gacha. Sometimes you get nothing after spending you month long savings, while sometimes you just get what you want in just 10 pulls. It sucks I know but that's just how it is.

Also keep one thing in mind that the game is just getting released. In time it will keep on improving for better and better.

I can rant on and on about this but I'll stop here. What I would like to emphasis is that don't let this one thing cloud your vision regarding the whole game and stop you from enjoying Genshin YOUR OWN WAY.

Share your own thoughts in the comments~~~~

Reading is good, commenting is better::
  • All comments
  • Author only
Sort:Ascending
Manage

I mean for a lot of folks, regardless of how much entertainment value can be had from the game without paying a cent, "winning" is getting their waifu. (No disrespect intended. I want Sucrose so much.) In that sense Genshin Impact is totally P2W just like any gacha. They'd go broke otherwise. :p

09-13
Replies
I'd agree since this goes for me too but it's not 100% getting the waifu for me. But still I'd say it's not completely P2W cuz in this case as a F2P all you have to do is optimize your spendings. Save till pity and summon when her banner arrives and you're guaranteed to get her. 
Sometimes you may also luck out and get her easily. That's just an aspect or core of how gacha works.
Replies
If you really want one specific character, you just have to save Genesis (Primogems) for 3 months and wait for this character bannier to come up. You'll be able to do 180 pulls, and you'll get at least two 5*. Special bannier have 50% to give you the featured character, and if the first 5* wasn't him, you'll get it the second time.
It's even easier if the character you want is a 4*.
Replies
Manage

Thanks.

I don't care if Mihoyo includes PvP in the game. I'm more interested in exploring, killing bosses, getting epic items. Would be better with a good party. I must say I like to see PvP fights, but that's it, just a choice, not a must do. It can be done in an arena with fixed weapon choices for everyone (also works for weapon testing).

09-13
Replies
Manage

Wow Thank you for the detail breakdown of all the price!

09-14
Replies