Genshin · Forums
EN

Change of mind on which Event Items to redeem.

Originates from: Tavern
Post Published: 09-15

So I found out recently that miHoYo is literally giving crafting materials for the prototype weapons. That means you can just make the Aminus or Malice for free.

If you can, Just get the B level rewards as your top priority since those cannot be easily obtained in game comparatively to the A level reward.

And it seems the two red ones are more desirable than the blue one because of their set bonus. Makes sure to get a flower and a plume for the set bonus though.

On another note, they're also giving you a sword at launch so don't redeem the 3 star sword. On top of that, your first gacha is gonna be filled with 3 star weapons anyways

so you'll just receive the short end of the stick if you redeem it lol.

Same goes with the polearm: You will get Xiangling for free as you progress through the game so by the time you get her, you would've already obtained one or two polearms for her.

Good Luck, ladies and gentlemen!

Reading is good, commenting is better::
  • All comments
  • Author only
Sort:Ascending
Manage

Just to note: you need multiple copies of a weapon to refine it. Refining it enhances the special power. This is how you move the damage bonus on the animus from 320% on proc to 600% on proc. To get the max bonus you need five copies of animus, and they are only giving you non-RNG access to one or maybe two 4 star weapons of each type, in game. As such, the weapons still have value even if the value is less obvious.

09-16
Replies
Manage

basically just get the glad set, if you didn't get both, go for the weapons.

09-16
Replies
Manage

So weird that we aim for B instead of A

09-16
Replies
The valuation of the items is complex, and nobody has enough of the picture to say that, "This is the best choice any can make, 100% of the time, that ensures their best enjoyment of the game for every player." This is why they implemented the bag with weighted item values, even though they give us enough tries that most players have a spitting chance if getting an A item they like and at least one B item they like.
Replies
Manage

That could be their intention, baiting people with the A rewards while hiding the true gold in the B ranks.

So what should I be aiming for other than the B set? 1 D item or 2 E? Also, whats worth getting from those, as they seem rather common?

Thanks!

09-16
Replies
Never a bad idea to get more damage. So if you're deciding what to get from the commons, consider the feathers.
Replies
Manage

Thanks for the info bro!!

09-16
Replies

Where did you see this information about free crafting mats?

- TH

09-16
Replies
I was looking around and found various posts about the game and launch rewards (<-- you can find this in the featured tab). There's a crafting system and the launch reward contains a material used for crafting the A level weapon. A little bit of looking around and a little bit of game knowledge allowed me to come to this conclusion.
_(GoodLuck)
Replies
Manage

Ooh I'll keep that in mind

:)

09-16
Replies
Manage

thx deer adventure!

09-17
Replies
Manage

Lack of information...

Yes we'll get a 4* Catalyst Prototype when completing the Adventurer Handbook. But the icon on the Genshin Impact Official Launch Reward Guide is a book do it may not be Prototype Malice but another Catalyst.

Just saying that isn't enough cause what is Adventurer Handbook ?

https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Adventurer_Handbook

Expand the List of Chapter.

So there is 9 chapters, each asking to complete tasks. The firsts chapters are easy, but lasts ones will take longer. And if you checks the rewards, you'll see that in Chapter 8 and 9, the rewards include 4 Artifacts of the Gladiator's Finale set.

So yes we'll get a 4*Catalyst, but we'll also get 4*Artifacts.

09-17
Replies
I would advise to take the Wiki info with a grain of salt. I can't say much due to NDA, but the rewards there may not be final aaaand Chapters 8 and 9 are pretty damn far in.
Replies
Ah, but what they mean by "prototype" there is probably "template." These are the main, hard to get ingredients in crafting 4 star weapons, and can be used to make any 4 star of that type. That book can be turned into any kind of 4 star catalyst in crafting.
Replies
View all replies >