Genshin · Forums
EN

About the Kernel thingy..

Originates from: Tavern
Post Published: 09-16

I heard from some sources that there was a kernel program that comes bundled with the pc client installer of Genshin Impact. What are the devs' opinion on our computer safety? Will the pc master race be safe as ever or will it be left vulnerable to any potential threat?

I bear no ill-intention, mind you. I was just worried about my pc and others' as well.. We're all in this together. Hoping to get positive answers from the devs.

Reading is good, commenting is better::
  • All comments
  • Author only
Sort:Ascending
Manage

Could be some compatibility issues in the beta version, might get solved for the realease, at least let's hope so.

09-16
Replies
Manage

the devs didn't say anything about it

09-16
Replies
Manage

A lot of games have Kernel level anti-cheat these days. The only issue people had was that someone once reported that it didn't disappear after you closed the game, such as what was the controversy with Valorant. That was never reproduced or reported by anyone else and happened back in CBT2, so if you're fine playing 90% of the games you play that have online connection, there's no difference.

09-16
Replies
yeah, first off, no I don't play the _majority_ of the online games you are talking about. So my concern should logically be for something I'm trying for the 1st time. And secondly, is this gonna leave me vulnerable to threats? Curious and concerned..
Replies